A blaze at Ivy Collection’s Manchester restaurant last Friday night (4 January) is thought to have been started by a patio heater.
Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service were called to the restaurant at 5pm, extinguishing the fire at 6:20pm. The restaurant owners said they were repairing damage to the roof and that the fire was quickly contained, a spokesperson said no one was injured in the fire.
The spokesperson also said that the fire was “limited to part of the roof” and added that it had not spread to other parts of the building. The Caprice Holdings owned restaurant opened in the city’s Spinningfields area in November last year. Social media posts showed the fire burning through the roof of the new restaurant.
— Oliver Batey (@OllyBatey) January 4, 2019
A spokesman for Ivy Collection said: “The fire at the Ivy Spinningfields was quickly and very efficiently contained by the excellent work of the fire services.”