A Wetherspoons pub in Paisley was evacuated after a “stink bomb” was let off on the premises.
The smell was originally thought to be a gas leak leading to staff at The Last Post calling ambulance, police and fire services at 21:10 yesterday (21 October) after customers complained of feeling unwell. Several people were treated on the scene as a precaution.
A JD Wetherspoon spokesperson said: “At around 20:15 the pub manager was alerted to a gas substance in the air by a staff member. The gas engineer arrived and he concluded that it was not a gas leak. The manager was told to keep everyone out of the building.
“At around 21.30 the fire brigade and police arrived and begin to set up a cordon around the entire pub and shut Paisley Gilmour street train station.”
The spokesperson confirmed that the incident was believed to have been triggered by the letting off of a “stink bomb”, with the pub fully ventilated following the incident. The Last Post said it had handed over to police to investigate. Staff were aloud to re-enter the pub at around 22:45.