Deliveroo has announced the six finalists in its restaurant makeover competition, with the winner receiving a £25,000 renovation.
The six finalists are:
- Amigos Mexican Kitchen, Sheffield: Open since 2010 and run by Khalid Wani and his business partner, Amigos is an award-winning restaurant that specialises in halal Mexican street food.
- Bombay Bites, Leicester: Owned by Moukid Muslim and his family, award-winning Bombay Bites is popular with the students in the city.
- Cafe Santos, Wigan: Owned by Ash and his wife and established in 2010, this cafe is the heart of the local community.
- Surbiton Fish and Chips, Kingston-upon-Thames: Owned by Xiaoniu Yuan, the restaurant has been open since 1984 – the oldest, established fish and chips shop in Kingston-upon-Thames.
- Mario’s Plaice, Glasgow: Three generations of the same family run this fish and chips shop, serving the community in the west end of Glasgow.
- Le Tran Cafe, London: A family-owned restaurant specialising in traditional Vietnamese and Asian cuisine in the heart of Bermondsey.
Justin Landsberger, commercial director, Deliveroo, said: “We’re really excited to launch this competition and give independent restaurants around the UK the chance to win an exciting £25,000 makeover project. The shortlist includes six incredible restaurants with amazing stories and we’re looking forward to seeing who our customers vote to win.”
Votes can be made at deliveroorestaurantmakeovers.co.uk and will close on 8 August