Marketing Manchester has revealed plans to host a webinar on 23 March aimed at supporting the hospitality industry amid the coronavirus pandemic sweeping the globe.
The event will explore tourism and hospitality sector challenges that have been created by the recent Covid-19 outbreak, and how they can be overcome.
The panel will include Kate Nicholls, CEO of UKHospitality, Alison Loveday, partner at Kennedys law firm, and Paul Clark, UK Business Mentoring at Greater Manchester Federation of Small Businesses.
The event will also focus on:
- How can businesses support and offer guidance to staff with confirmed or suspected COVID-19? Issues around laying staff off, unpaid leave, self-isolation etc.
- Implications for tourism businesses if someone (staff or guest) in a front of house service area e.g. bars, restaurants, housekeeping, is diagnosed with COVID-19
- Basic Housekeeping – shortage of supplies and advice on sanitising and cleaning.
- Cashflow and Business Continuity – what help is available from Government and Banks?
- What help is available from VisitBritain and Marketing Manchester/The Growth Company.
The webinar will take place between 2:30pm – 3:15pm on 23 March.
Those interested in participating can register here.