The report published by the Brigade stated, half of a ground floor restaurant was damaged by the fire. The ducting, and the ventilation system from ground floor to roof level and wooden casing around the ducting were destroyed.
The Brigade’s fire investigators believe the fire started in the ducting system.
A statement from the Michelin starred Indian restaurant said: “A fire broke out at Albemarle Street in Mayfair causing Gymkhana to temporarily close. The fire was quickly attended to by the emergency services and has now been extinguished.
“We would like to reassure the public that all staff and diners are safe. We are working with the London Fire Department to minimise all damage and prioritise the safety of the public and the surrounding area.”
Current reservations at the restaurant are to be rescheduled at partner venues to minimise further disruption.