Restaurants

Woman chokes to death at Beefeater pub

A woman has choked to death in a Beefeater pub in Scunthorpe, it is not known whether the woman was a local or a guest at the adjoining Premier Inn hotel.

Emergency services were called to The Anchor pub yesterday afternoon, after an initial call was made to the ambulance service to help a choking woman at around 1:45pm.

Police later confirmed that the woman had died on the scene and said that her death was not being treated as suspicious.

Guests evacuated from the pub and were stopped from entering while emergency services attempted to save the woman’s life.

Initially it was thought that the incident had taken place in the adjoining Premier Inn hotel, however East Midlands Ambulance Service confirmed the woman had choked to death in the pub.

A Whitbread spokesperson said: “Our thoughts are with the guest’s friends and family at this very sad time.”

The pub was closed this morning however a note was left on the door saying it would open at noon.

Back to top button