The restaurant has posted a message to its socials confirming it will reopen at 6pm on 22 October. Bilash, located in Cheapside, has been closed since September 23 due to damage fire started by an extractor fan in the property’s kitchen.
At the time the restaurant posted on its socials: “A big heart-felt thank you to everyone who has showed us kindness and support over the last week. We’re blessed with such a fantastic customer base and we can’t wait to welcome you all back through the Bilash doors in the upcoming weeks.”
According to the Wolverhampton Express and Star, it has cost around £100,000 to revamp the restaurant following the damage.
The restaurant’s manager Mohammed Khan told the paper: “We accelerated the process and we’re back in the town.The whole kitchen was damaged and the dining area was damaged with the smoke. We will be reopening now that all the work has been completed – we’re back in action.
“We’ve had a lot of response from loyal customers and people have been keeping in touch and making sure we’re OK. The whole kitchen was a mess and a lot of our friends helped us to bring us back to where we were.”