Essex Fire and Rescue Service has said that a fryer fire at a restaurant on the site of the Valley Farm Holiday Park was accidental.
The fire which took more than an hour to extinguish happened on Friday (26 April) evening at around 4pm. Two crews were sent to the scene, one from Clacton and the other from Weeley.
A spokesman for Essex Fire and Rescue Service, said: “Firefighters worked quickly to stop the fire spreading and brought it under control in around 30 minutes. By 5.45pm, crews reported the fire had been completely extinguished.
“The cause of the incident has been recorded as accidental and started in one of the restaurant’s food fryers. The shop has suffered from some smoke and fire damage.”
Fire in fast food restaurant – Valley Road, Clacton-on-Sea https://t.co/mdDtDiPYxP
— Essex Fire Service (@ECFRS) April 27, 2019