A London pub which caught fire on Friday at around 8pm as it was filled with people watching the world cup was caused by “unsafe disposal of smoking materials”.
The London Fire Brigade’s fire investigators say 10 fire engines and 72 firefighters were called to the scene on Chalton Street, Euston, where half of the roof and part of the second floor was alight. The fire caused significant damage however no one was injured.
Big fire on Chalton Street kings cross. 😱 pic.twitter.com/b6XsJZGOZT
— Nicola 🌷 (@Smithy_1102) June 22, 2018
Euston fire station manager Steve Chesson, said: “The pub was open and in use at the time of the fire and a number of people left the building before the Brigade arrived. This incident shows how important it is to ensure your cigarette is completely out when you’ve finished smoking it.
“If it’s not, you risk causing a fire which could not only destroy property, but could also cost you your life.”