As many as 28 people who fell ill after dining in an Eastleigh Chinese restaurant in 2014 have been awarded £275,000 in compensation.
The diners at The Real China restaurant who reported falling ill with sickness and diarrhoea, were represented by law firm Irwin Mitchell.
Many of those who ate at the restaurant suffered from “lasting health problems” following the illness according to lawyer Amandeep Dhillon.
Dhillon said: “Food poisoning can have a huge impact on the lives of victims, and severe foodborne infections such as salmonella can leave them needing specialist treatment and requiring time off work.
“Sadly, many of those we represent have also been left with lasting health problems from which they may never fully recover.”
The outbreak, which originated from an egg producer in Germany, affected 250 people in the UK.
Dr Nick Phin, of Public Health England (PHE) who investigated the outbreak, said: “We have no evidence that this particular strain of salmonella is still circulating in the UK food chain.”
The restaurant involved has since closed down.